Scilab 6.1 for IoT (PC - 2/2) : Creating a Connection to the Cloud (Thingsboard)
This article will guide you on how to create a connection to the cloud in Scilab. If you do not have an account already, go to https://demo.thingsboard.io and create a new demo account.
1. To create a connection to Thingsboard in Scilab, you will need the following:
- A device ID
- A device's access token
- User authentication
2. The device ID and access token can be obtained by looking at the device's details. If you use the Thingsboard demo account, you would see several demo devices. You can use any of these devices or create a new device.
3. Select one of the devices and go to Details.
4. Click COPY DEVICE ID to copy the ID and assign it to a Scilab variable.
- device_id = "THE_DEVICE_ID"
5. Repeat the same with device access token by clicking COPY ACCESS TOKEN.
- device_acc = "THE_DEVICE_ACCESS"
6. The user authentication is your login username and password separated by a colon ( : ).
7. Create a connection using iot_init.
- thingsboard1 = iot_init("thingsboard", "deviceid",device_id, "post_acc",device_acc, "auth",userpw)
8. This connection can now be used to send and retrieve data from the cloud.
Scilab 6.1 for IoT (PC - 1/2) : Installing Scilab IoT Module
This article will guide you on how to install Scilab IoT Module inside Scilab. If you have not installed Scilab, you can go to https://www.scilab.org/ and download the installer for your operating system. Once installation is complete, launch Scilab. ...
Scilab 6.1 for IoT (RaspPi - 1/3) : Setting Up Raspberry Pi 4 for IoT
This is a quick start tutorial to turn your Raspberry Pi 4 into IoT "Things" with Scilab. We have prepared an SD card image for this purpose, with all the software pre- installed. 1. Download the image form the link below. ...
Where can you download Scilab?
You can download Scilab from www.scilab.org.
What is Scilab
Scilab is free and open source software for numerical computation providing a powerful computing environment for engineering and scientific applications. Scilab is released as open source under the GPL License, and is available for download free of ...
What is the latest version of Scilab?
As of 27 February 202, the latest version of Scilab is Scilab 6.1.0.